Firstly and foremostly:
Not to be confused with " Cannon, " of Changes.
Secondly and just as importantly:
Not to be found or studied, by divination.
The above are the SPECIFIC views of Chinesegardenscene.
You will form, your own; by carefull study and application to Chinese Gardens & penjing.
Let us ask now; if You are conscious of your spiritual needs ?
The Canon of Changes or I Ching - from a Chinese perspective, then;
is probably not a bad place to start.......
The I Ching counsels humans to embody in their lives; certain qualities:
[ We will highlight, just a few here, for the purpose of explanation ]
[ Where the I Ching refers to " the Sage," You substitute, whatever fits You ]
- actions - " Do things for their own sake and not in anticipation of results."
- care- " Lay your foundations with care and proceed step by step."
- conduct - " Express your knowledge in your actions and conduct, rather than in your words. Trust the wisdom of the [ ] and allow each person to come to his own understanding."
- endurance - " Flow like pure water, through difficult situations."
- help - " Give aid to others where you can and do so with a proper attitude; without seeking recognition and without un-balancing them."
- kindness - " True kindness is expressed not in hope of recognition, but in hope of helping another. It is because of this, that it is inevitably recognized."
- nourishment - " What you put into your mind, is even more significant than for your body; for fundamental well-being."
- patience - " Avoid harshness and impatience with yourself; true progress is made in gradual steps. Allow yourself pleasure, but avoid careless self-indulgence."
- qualities- " By keeping as quiet as a mountain - by resting firmly on your foundation of fruitful qualities - by accepting the nature of the time ; you weather all storms."
- simplicity - " Sincerity and simplicity, are inevitably and only rewarded by the [ ] ."
- teaching - " Counsel others as the [ ] counsels you; through making an example of correctness, through quiet perseverance and through gentleness."
- wisdom - " One must not only draw the water from the well, but also drink it; Wisdom that is not put into practical use is meaningless."
" To return to the root is peace.
Real peace is the resurrection.
Resurrection is eternity.
Knowledge of eternity is enlightenment."
If such, incites you, to take your spiritual needs; to a higher level of understanding.
It can only enhance your experience of Chinese Gardens & penjing.